I’ve got two more months until my birthday, June 28th, and I’m more than 10 pounds from reaching my goal weight!
If you’ve been reading my blog for a while, you may have noticed that Fitness Friday has been missing for a bit.
AND if you’ve been reading my blog for a while, you know that can only mean one thing. I haven’t been doing so great with my weight loss.
Things that Worked
This year, I have learned quite a few things about weight loss and getting healthy.
- First off, Weight Watchers works. OK, I knew that one already. Honestly it’s the only program that has ever worked for me.
- Next, intermittent fasting is a total game changer. When you are struggling with a plateau or a lack of progress, try intermittent fasting. It takes the edge off.
- Sharing progress and everything about this journey, was a huge help. It’s no coincidence that Fitness Friday disappeared around the time I stopped making progress.
My Biggest Setbacks
- Travel. Travel, travel, travel. Although I’ve learned to make the most of my travel, it sets me off of my weight loss course every time. And even though I wrote a whole post about traveling on Weight Watchers, chock full of great advice, I still get thrown off my game. Plus road snacks, need I say more?
- Emotional eating is real, and it doesn’t make me want kale and apples. I want chocolate, and salt, and then more chocolate, topped off with more salt. I won’t deny that I had a KitKat and a bag of kettle chips, after dropping my mom off at the airport, and I also won’t deny that that was the only time.
My Two Month Plan
This morning, I weighed in at 151.0 which means I have two months to lose 16 pounds, to get to my goal weight of 135. Which essentially means I have to lose 2 pounds a week, for the next eight weeks. To say this is a lofty goal, is an understatement.
In order to achieve this goal, I’m going to take on the following:
- Get back to strict Weight Watchers, track everything!
- Intermittent fasting of no less than 14 hours (Ideally 8:00pm to 10:00am)
- Follow the Couch to 5K schedule (Monday, Wednesday, Friday)
- Do Slim in 6 at least twice a week (Tuesday and Thursday)
- Close all rings, every day
- Drink 64 ounces of water a day
- Stay connected by posting weight loss/health/fitness related content at least twice a day
- Fitness Friday updates!
Wish me Luck!
At the start of the year, my goal was to reach my ideal weight some time in 2019, but as the year progressed I realized that I really wanted to get there by my birthday. And now that my birthday is right around the corner, I want to reach that goal even more!
I know I can do it, but I also know that I need help getting there. Posting here, on social media, and on Weight Watchers connect is a huge help. And you, reading this now, is another amazing help. I am always encouraged by your comments, and your stories. I know many of you are working through your own weight loss journey this year, and I’ve loved reading about it! Keep it all coming!
We got this!